Saturday 20 October 2012

Aging is not Required


There is an old saying: If you don’t use it, you lose it. There are other sayings such as: You are what you eat, which is also true, providing we limit its consequences to physical body. The food we eat will hardly make us a better person morally or ethically. There is a truth, however, which never filtered into our awareness.

We are what we think we are.

There is a catch, however. Unless we imprint the traits we think desirable in our subconscious, then just “thinking about them” will not do us much good.
And here’s why.
It is not our conscious but our subconscious mind that is the true creator of our reality.
The creative process is relatively simple. The ideas originate in our unconscious then migrate into our conscious mind. Here we examine them and, if we find them beneficial to our wellbeing, we get involved with them. This involvement, which often requires mental, emotional, and physical effort, imprints them on our subconscious. And it is here that the execution of the idea is actually put into action. It is here, in our subconscious, that the idea becomes manifest in our reality. The good (or bad) thing is that once an idea is imbedded in our subconscious, its consequences become automatic.
Ergo, we must be very careful what we choose to imbed in our subconscious, or what we choose to truly believe in.

And now we come to aging.
As I mentioned in my previous blog, the world is set on automatic. While we are equipped with a most fantastic immune system that works full time to repair the damage we inflict on our cells, the system is more or less resigned to the reproducing the building blocks of our body based on the latest model available. If we want to improve on the previous model we must reprogram our subconscious. If successful, we shall direct our subconscious to reconstruct our body on the original model, before it suffered the vicissitudes of wear and tear. Our abilities will, surely, not suffice to make our physical embodiment immortal, but they would assure us of a healthier, more productive life.
I’ve often heard an adage that “at a certain age we can’t expect to feel any better”. When we substitute the can for we can’t, we shall take the first step to remain longer useful members of our society. Or, we can take the direction my mother took in The Gate—Things my Mother told me. Our choice.
I, for one, intend to die because I want to, not because my body has failed me. But, there again, I do not consider myself to be my physical body. I merely live in it, use it, and when ready, intend to move onto greener pastures. You can too.


No comments:

Post a Comment